Local Government and Fire Service Law: Chip's 20 years of experience as a fire chief provides a wealth of experience and knowledge into the operation of local government and fire service law. He represents over 100 fire districts, townships, villages, private fire companies and chief officers. He has published more than 30 articles and has presented more than 70 lectures on fire service and government law. Chip has also assisted in the creation of more joint fire districts than any other lawyer in Ohio.
Fire Litigation: Chip has successfully defended numerous complex fire cases. His 30 years of experience in the fire service as an investigator and certified fire safety inspector gives him unparalleled experience and insight into fire related cases.
Special Investigation Unit (SIU) Claims: Chip has extensive experience in providing legal and claims handling advice to insurers in first and third party "suspicious" claims, including property and personal injury claims. He has conducted over 500 examinations under oath as part of this process.
Expert Testimony and Consulting: Law firms, corporations and individuals have retained Chip to provide expert testimony or consulting services in cases involving insurance bad faith, fire origin and cause, fire suppression and department operations, professional malpractice and legal ethics.
Certified Legal Specialties
- Ohio State Bar Association Insurance Coverage Law Certified Specialist
- Institute Certified Professional Insurance Investigator
- IRG Investigations Training
- Firefighter II and Emergency Medical Technician
- Certified Fire Safety Inspector
- National Society for Professional Insurance Investigators
- International Association of Arson Investigators
- Ohio, 1988
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1989
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1997
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2016
- The Ohio State University College of Law, Columbus, Ohio
- J.D. - 1988
- College of Wooster, Wooster, Ohio
- B.A. - 1985
Get in touch
I know that finding the right attorney to represent you is a choice not to be taken lightly. That’s why I offer free consultations to walk you through your needs, the scope of your goals, and your budget.